CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST OPEN UNTIL 11 JUNE
Part of the EIP Water Conference 2017, SPLASH Innovation Stage is looking for projects that have a high innovative component and that demonstrate a significant impact in the water sector. This competition will take place on 27 September 2017 at Alfândega Porto Congress Centre and the full jury has just been announced:
- PORTO: The City of Porto is working hard to become a living laboratory for smart urban technologies that can handle all the major systems a city requires – water, transport, security, green buildings, and clean energy. Porto will be represented as a juror through its water utility municipal company, Águas do Porto, a utility that manages the city’s full water cycle. More info at http://www.cm-porto.pt/ & http://www.aguasdoporto.pt
- UPTEC: The structure of the University of Porto dedicated to incubating startups and hosting national and international Business Innovation Centres, supporting an effective knowledge and technology transfer between academia and markets. Since the beginning of its activity, in 2007, UPTEC has supported more than 450 business ideas. More info at http://uptec.up.pt/en
- ISLE UTILITIES: A technology and innovation consultancy specialising in cleantech, with a proven track record in accelerating the development and commercialisation of emerging technologies through their Technology Approval Group “TAG” – the industry forum that drives innovation. Isle brings together the optimal blend of technical and commercial specialists to help you make the right decision. More info at http://www.isleutilities.com/
- GLOBAL IMPACT PARTNERS: A company which works at the international level, in partnership with investment funds, industries, large companies, SME’s, startups and public organisations on developing the innovation portfolio, undertaking technology benchmark and facilitating market development and access, in the water and environmental sectors. Besides these activities, competences extend to project building and management, development of economic and operational strategies and access to public and private funding.
- LAUNCH FACTORY 88: Headquartered in Shanghai, Launch Factory 88 helps their partners enter China with a tailored solution based platform. LF88 cater to the specific identified needs of B2B companies that want a simplistic entry underpinned by a competitive edge in the elusive Chinese market. Their Core Business Services are: Distribution Support Platforms; Localized Manufacturing and Assembly; and Investment Services. More info at http://www.launchfactory88.com/
This jury and the audience will vote and select the top 3 startups, which will be awarded €12,000, €6,000, and €3,000 (1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes). The winners will also be invited to repeat their pitches during one of the main Conference sessions and will be PWIW guests at the Innovation Dinner. More info here: http://portowaterinnovationweek.eu/eip/splash-accelerator#splash_innovation-stage